Subscribe to the Lushan Institute (click on the "Shushan Society" below the title of this article, or add WeChat: lushannyc]
The Lushan Society Learning Book Club is a new creative cultural social event! By limiting the number of participants (15-18 people) and the unique design of the event process, we are committed to creating a platform that enables you to interact, socialize, and access information efficiently. Let us bring you a different experience!
Share: Gu Haibo
MinuteEnjoy the Bibliography: Su Dongpo Biography
Time: 2015.7. 12pm 2:30pm to 5:00pm
Venue: Notice after registration at the specific address of Columbia University.
Registration link: Click on the bottom left cornerRead the originalOr "read more", will jump to the event registration link.
After 80s atypical literature and art youth. The Ph.D. in Applied Linguistics of Suzhou University is a national public education fund. Now he is studying at the Columbia University School of Education. He loves cultural studies and specializes in teacher education. He firmly believes that reading enriches life and actions change the future.
New York eats goods. I love to find food in New York, but I often get lost. Fordham University GSB Public Accountant. Engaged in accounting and legal work.
Share the bibliographic introduction:
Su Dongpo Biography
One of the four great biographies of the twentieth century. A long biography in the history of modern Chinese literature, the opening of the standard, a master of Chinese studies that my country and my people have always been in mind, a great hero who went to the waves to squander the heroic poet, a similar soul is the reincarnation of the soul, watching the light of Dongpo In the month of the month, I took the risk and seized the opportunity, calmly responded, listened to Lin Yudong, and showed Chinese wisdom.
About the Author:
1895-1976, Longxi, Fujian, a famous writer and translator in China. "Two footsteps in Chinese and Western culture, one heart to write a cosmic article." In 1912, he entered Shanghai St. John's University and taught at Tsinghua University after graduation. He holds a Master of Arts degree from Harvard University and a Ph.D. in Linguistics from the University of Leipzig, Germany. He is a professor at Peking University, the Dean of Beijing Women's Normal University and the head of the English Department. After 1935, in the United States, he wrote cultural works and novels such as "My Country and My People", "Jinghua Yanyun", "Wind and Crane" in English. Settled in Taiwan in 1966. In 1975, he was elected as the vice president of the International PEN. He died in Hong Kong in 1976.
Highly interactive activity process:
1) The sharer introduces the book and expresses his own opinion (about 15 minutes);
2) Each participant expresses his or her own feelings (about 2 minutes/person);
3) All participants will be divided into small groups to communicate and propose a topic-related question;
4) Participants discuss the issues raised and show their speculation. (about 2 minutes / person);
5) After the event, welcome friends who are still unfinished to join the dinner and continue to talk.
1) Participants are not required to prepare in advance, and the sharer will provide the information needed for discussion
2) Please try to be on time to avoid missed sharing of the bibliography
3) Please bring your ID
4) If you can't find the venue, please send a message in the event temporary WeChat group or Facebook 麓山学社 Group, we will respond promptly
5) The number of people per reading will be limited to 18 people. Please invite your friends to register as soon as possible. After completing the form and scanning into the temporary group, the registration will be successful. The full registration will be in the waitlist.
All the speeches of the participants of the event do not represent the position of the school.
Lushan Institute –Make ideas more refined
Lushan Institute is a non-government, non-religious, non-profit public welfare organization organized by the people. The New York Lushan Institute has improved the participants' independent thinking and judgment through reading club activities. Based on the interest in reading, we share knowledge and insights and make friends who share our interests.
We currently organize a free reading dating event in the New York area every week at Columbia University or Fordham University.
subscription"Lushan Institute",Reply"Essay",readMoreAmerican article seriesReply to the "Reading Club",checkLook at meTheyNew YorkreadingWill livemove.