Subscribe to the Lushan Institute (click on the "Yushan Society" below the title of this article, or add WeChat: lushannyc)
The Lushan Society Learning Book Club is a new creative cultural social event! By limiting the number of participants (15-18 people) and the unique design of the event process, we are committed to creating a platform that enables you to interact, socialize, and access information efficiently. Let us bring you a different experience!
Sharing people: Wang Kexin
Sharing the topic: I have loved you for 4 billion years - from the first selfishness to having the freedom to love you
Sharing the Bibliography: Selfish Genes
Time: 2015.8.30 2:30pm to 5:00pm
Location: Fordham University (113 West 60th Street), the address will be notified after registration.
Registration link: Click on the bottom left corner"Read the original”or"Read more”, will jump to the event registration link.
MBA business analytics major.
Personal hobbies: history, music, travel, drinking.
I have shared in the Lushan Institute: Constellation and Philosophy.
When I was a child, I was in New York, Xianyang, 15 years old. Graduated from Stony Brook University, doing actuarial work at a French insurance company. From 2007 to 2012, he was sent to Paris, Hong Kong and Jakarta. Returned to the US branch at the end of 12th. Like self-challenge, new things, documentaries, self-driving brigades. I have traveled to 31 countries. Personally think that Jordan's self-driving tour is the most interesting.
Share the bibliographic introduction:
This is a detective reasoning of the meaning of life, a mathematical proof of fate and love, a literary deconstruction of mathematics and truth, a complete liberation and return, and forgetting all the awakening and happiness.
This sharing method is not a book, but combines some of the most representative viewpoints in the book with the dimensions of physics, history and literature, and explores a new perspective of understanding life, combing memories, gaining freedom, and finding happiness. The way to survive.
New conclusions are often inspired by dimensional mashups, and at the same time recommend: "The Strings of the Universe" B. Green (string theory), "A Brief History of Time", Hawking (Time Theory), "Global History" Dr. Rianos (Production of Productivity and Civilization), "Philosophy Research" Wittgenstein (Language Philosophy), and other related books, recommend the documentary "The Elegant Universe." There are Chinese e-books on the books online. It is not necessary to look at the original English. The documentary YouTube directly searches for Chinese, a total of three episodes.
About the Author:
British biologist Richard Dawkins published a very popular and enduring biological bestseller in 1976, and is the most important introductory book in the field of biology. His "genetic center theory", "survival machine theory" and "meme" (meme) views are so open-minded and controversial.
Highly interactive activity process:
1) The sharer introduces the book and expresses his own opinion (about 15 minutes);
2) Each participant expresses his or her own feelings (about 2 minutes/person);
3) All participants will be divided into small groups to communicate and propose a topic-related question;
4) Participants discuss the issues raised and show their speculation. (about 2 minutes / person);
5) After the event, welcome friends who are still unfinished to join the dinner and continue to talk.
1) Participants are not required to prepare in advance, and the sharer will provide the information needed for discussion
2) Please try to be on time to avoid missed sharing of the bibliography
3) Please bring your ID
4) If you can't find the venue, please send a message in the event temporary WeChat group or Facebook 麓山学社 Group, we will respond promptly
5) The number of people per reading will be limited to 18 people. Please invite your friends to register as soon as possible. After completing the form and scanning into the temporary group, the registration will be successful. The full registration will be in the waitlist.
All the speeches of the participants of the event do not represent the position of the school.
Lushan Institute –Make ideas more refined
Lushan Institute is a non-government, non-religious, non-profit public welfare organization organized by the people. The New York Lushan Institute has improved the participants' independent thinking and judgment through reading club activities. Based on the interest in reading, we share knowledge and insights and make friends who share our interests.
We currently organize free book club events every week in the New York area at Columbia University, Fordham University or Pace University.
subscription"Lushan Institute",Reply"Essay",readMoreAmerican article seriesReply to the "Reading Club",checkLook at meTheyNew YorkreadingWill livemove.