Subscribe to the Lushan Institute (click on the "Yushan Society" below the title of this article, or add WeChat: lushannyc)
The Lushan Society Learning Book Club is a new creative cultural social event! By limiting the number of participants (15-18People, and the unique design of the activity process, we are committed to creating a platform that allows you to interact, socialize, and access information efficiently. Let us bring you a different experience!
Dear friends, the intensive reading conference has been favored by everyone since its launch. The first issue of "Zhuangzi" accompanied us in the magnificent and magnificent Taoist heavy thought sea; the second phase of "the world" from shallow to deep, The combination of Chinese and Western brings us to the texture of the philosophical world that has been discouraged. We are online and offline, reading and entities, and the footprints left in the museum are always there.
After the break, we will launch the third intensive reading conference, which is based on the “light classics” that are popular and easy to understand in the West.
Intensive Reading Form: Autonomous Reading (No Reader)
Intensive Reading Theme: Western "Light Classic"
Fine reading: (Select one of the following bibliography)
The watchman in the wheat field
2. Reason and emotion
4. Tess of the D'Urbervilles
5. It will be proposed by the participants and will be voted in the group. The popular bibliography will be used as the recommended bibliography for the next independent reading.
Intensive reading schedule:
|2016.2.16(Tue)-2.20(Sat)||The third period of intensive reading registration time|
|2016.2.20 (Sat)||Submit, vote, confirm|
|2016.2.21 (Sun)||The third period of intensive reading will start reading together.|
|2016.3.13(Sun)-3.16(Wed)||The third period of intensive reading and the entity reading meeting to discuss the problem submission|
|2016.3.19 (Sat)||Third physical intensive reading|
Entity intensive participation number and requirements: no more than 15 people, participants need to complete the specified readings (tentative 20-30 minutes per day), or free to arrange 105-140 minutes per week reading time, intensive reading WeChat group every weekend Publish the reading progress, actively participate in the discussion and submit more than 300 words on time.
Special note: 1. In addition to the usual discussion, the common reading stage is designated as the discussion day every Saturday, and the moderator asks and initiates discussion.
2. In addition to submitting the experience, each participant is required to submit more than one discussion question, and the moderator is screened as a group discussion topic of the entity intensive reading.
Entity intensive process:
1. Participants introduce themselves and each person has 3 minutes to express their reading feelings.
2. Participants who actively participate in the discussion and have research may share a brief share of 5-10 minutes.
3. Brainstorming on collection issues.
4. The group conducts a divergent discussion and is summarized by the representative.
5. After the event, welcome friends who are still unfinished to join the dinner and continue to talk.
Entity Book Club Location: To be confirmed, the specific address will be notified after registration.
Intensive reading friendship tips:
1) Participants are required to complete the reading progress as required, and the sharer will provide the information needed for the discussion;
2) Please try to be on time to avoid missed sharing of the bibliography;
3) Please bring your ID;
4) If you can't find the venue, please send a message in the event temporary WeChat group or Facebook 麓山学社 Group, we will respond in time;
5) The first intensive reading will not limit the number of applicants. I hope that everyone will actively participate in the process and complete the form and scan the code into the group.
All the speeches of the participants of the event do not represent the position of the school.
Lushan Institute –Make ideas more refined
Lushan Institute is a non-government, non-religious, non-profit public welfare organization organized by the people. The New York Lushan Institute has improved the participants' independent thinking and judgment through reading club activities. Based on the interest in reading, we share knowledge and insights and make friends who share our interests.
We currently organize a free reading club event in Manhattan every week. The specific location will be announced 24 hours before the start of the book club.
subscription"麓山学社", replying to "beauty",readMoreAmerican article seriesReply to the "Book Club",checkLook at meTheyNew YorkreadingWill livemove.