Subscribe to the Lushan Institute (click on the "Yushan Society" below the title of this article, or add WeChat: lushannyc)
The Lushan Society Learning Book Club is a new creative cultural social event! By limiting the number of participants (15-18 people) and the unique design of the event process, we are committed to creating a platform that enables you to interact, socialize, and access information efficiently. Let us bring you a different experience!
Share with: Wenqing(Daisy) Tang
Sharing Bibliography: The Bar Bible
Time: 2015.10.18 2:30pm to 5:00pm
Location: Fordham University (113 West 60th Street), the address will be notified after registration.
Registration link: Click on the bottom left corner"Read the original”or"Read more”, will jump to the event registration link.
Studying at Pace University, Master of Accounting, hobby and self-study bartending, especially classical cocktails.
New York eats goods. I love to find food in New York, but I often get lost. Fordham University GSB Public Accountant. Engaged in accounting and legal work.
Share the bibliographic introduction:
This book provides a professional introduction to wine knowledge for those interested in wine from the perspective of a professional sommelier. This book provides a basic introduction to wine, cocktails and spirits enthusiasts, and also lays the foundation for alcohol knowledge for those interested in doing this type of work. The book is divided into several parts: wine, beer and soft drinks, cocktails. Among them, the wine first introduces the history of brewing and the grape variety, and then mainly divides the origin to distinguish the characteristics. The most important part of the book is devoted to the introduction of cocktails. Cocktails introduce the basic wine, liqueur and other materials in accordance with the recipe from the traditional classics to the present changes, not only allows readers to understand the characteristics of the wines that make up each cocktail, but also understand the cocktail formula The evolution and development trend is a good textbook reading that will benefit cocktail lovers a lot. Especially for those who like alcohol and even want to learn to drink, this is a good basic reading. In addition, in later social occasions, the knowledge of alcohol in this book can also help readers choose the right wine.
About the Author:
(French) Fedo Devsji Fedor Devsky
Born in France in 1964. What he studied in Paris is a hotel profession. Later, as a consultant for wine and spirits, he attended a bartender and sommelier training school. His book Bar Bible has been a great success all over the world.
Highly interactive activity process:
1) The sharer introduces the book and expresses his own opinion (about 15 minutes);
2) Each participant expresses his or her own feelings (about 2 minutes/person);
3) All participants will be divided into small groups to communicate and propose a topic-related question;
4) Participants discuss the issues raised and show their speculation. (about 2 minutes / person);
5) After the event, welcome friends who are still unfinished to join the dinner and continue to talk.
1) Participants are not required to prepare in advance, and the sharer will provide the information needed for discussion
2) Please try to be on time to avoid missed sharing of the bibliography
3) Please bring your ID
4) If you can't find the venue, please send a message in the event temporary WeChat group or Facebook 麓山学社 Group, we will respond promptly
5) The number of people per reading will be limited to 18 people. Please invite your friends to register as soon as possible. After completing the form and scanning into the temporary group, the registration will be successful. The full registration will be in the waitlist.
All the speeches of the participants of the event do not represent the position of the school.
Lushan Institute –Make ideas more refined
Lushan Institute is a non-government, non-religious, non-profit public welfare organization organized by the people. The New York Lushan Institute has improved the participants' independent thinking and judgment through reading club activities. Based on the interest in reading, we share knowledge and insights and make friends who share our interests.
We currently organize free book club events every week in the New York area at Columbia University, Fordham University or Pace University.
subscription"Lushan Institute",Reply"Essay",readMoreAmerican article seriesReply to the "Reading Club",checkLook at meTheyNew YorkreadingWill livemove.